Xin Chào Vietnamese Food

One of my wife's and my favorite food stands in Bacolod is Xin Chào Vietnamese Food located at 888 Chinatown on the second floor. Vietnamese food isn't common in the Philippines, so we were shocked when we saw it. (added 10/19/15: Many more locations are now opened, including the new building for 888. They have a "main" near Panasiatic)


Xin Chào Vietnamese Food Stand
Xin Chào Vietnamese Food Stand

Xin Chào's phở is perhaps my favorite choice. I'm a huge phở fan, which seems to be quite common for foreigners my age.



Pho
Ph from Xin Chào in 888 Chinatown

However, my wife loves the seafood rice. It has tofu, shrimp, and sometimes squid and other seafood and veggies. It makes for a great meal, side dish, or snack depending on your taste and appetite. For my wife, it's a meal.


Seafood rice from Xin Chào in 888 Chinatown
Seafood rice from Xin Chào in 888 Chinatown


The service is what you should expect from a food stand: order, pay, and wait 10-15 minutes for your food to be cooked and delivered fresh to your table.

As for the cost, it's about what you'd expect for food at 888. Most meals are around 75 pesos. Every meal comes with a small drink and soup, which happens to be quite delicious.

Overall, Xin Chào Vietnamese Food is the place to go for quality Vietnamese in Bacolod. I highly recommend it. Don't let the fact that it's simply a food cart fool you!

Service: 4 out of 5 (The highest I'd give a food cart)
Cost: 5 out of 5 (filling, delicious, 75 pesos)
Atmosphere: 4 out of 5 (I've never had an issue with the 888 atmosphere)