Tokyo Tokyo Restaurant at SM City Bacolod

Tokyo Tokyo recently opened in SM Bacolod City a couple months ago. I love to try new restaurant, so I went ahead and did just that with my wife.

Japanese food at Tokyo Tokyo
Japanese food at Tokyo Tokyo in SM Bacolod City
Does it look delicious? It was! We have some Japanese ramen, sushi, and some teriyaki chicken (if I remember correctly).


There were only two bad things about eating at Tokyo Tokyo: the price and it being at the food court. I am not a fan of eating at actual restaurants in food courts. They are loud, crowded, and usually quite dirty. SM City is no different.

Being in the Philippines, people don't clean up the tables, they rely on servers to do it for them. This means that if a restaurant or food court is busy, the servers have a lot of ground to cover and tables are messy for a long period of time. That is exactly what happens every weekend, especially when there is a sale--which happens to usually coincide with payday.

Anyway, that didn't deter my wife and I. We ordered, sat down, waited for our table to be cleaned, and dug in.

The ramen didn't taste exactly like authentic ramen, but it was good enough. Who says authentic is the best, anyway? I'm American! Most of our food is a variation of other countries foods anyway. And the teriyaki chicken tasted fantastic.

I was definitely pleased by the taste. But the price! If you look at this picture, how much do you think we paid? Now times that number by 2 and you are probably close.

Taste: 4 out of 5
Price: 1 out of 5
Environment: 1 out of 5
Service: 4 out of 5 (just because the actual Tokyo Tokyo staff was helpful, the SM food court staff is the one that is undermanned. I can't minus them for it.)