Showing posts with label marriage. Show all posts
Showing posts with label marriage. Show all posts

Places in Bacolod to Get Married

Bacolod is full of churches, hotels, and many great attractions. However, not all of these locations are open to weddings. In fact, one of the most beautiful churches (Carmelite) don't even allow weddings to take place there.

The Cheapest Wedding in Bacolod

Having a cheap wedding is an easy thing to do, especially in Bacolod. However, "cheap" isn't exactly true. It's only "cheap" when compared to the other option.

The reason "cheap" isn't a true option is because of the marriage license fee and all the paperwork involved. It'll likely cost you around 2000 pesos for the license when all the copies, NSO certificates, and other miscellaneous fees are accounted for.

What's the True Cost of Getting Married in Bacolod?

Wedding rings placed on a Bible.

Bacolod is a fantastic city, so why wouldn't you want to get married there? There's great hotels, fantastic churches, resorts, and beaches and hot springs only a short drive away.

Nonetheless, you might be wondering how much it's going to cost you. You're a foreigner and you want to get it done smoothly without breaking your bank. That's something many Filipinos don't understand--that not all foreigners are rich. They'll try to charge you extra for almost everything. Whether it's for flowers, suits, or for even a church choir, they'll try to swindle you.

Requirements to Get Married in the Philippines - Foreigner Edition

Wedding rings on a Bible

If you fell in love with a Filipino or Filipina and want to get married in the Philippines, you might want to know how to get started with the process. I'd like to warn you, though. It's nothing like getting married in your home country. In short, you'll need an affidavit of legal capacity to marry, CENOMAR, passport copies, and attend counseling. If you are going to get married in a church, you'll be required to provide additional paperwork at that parish. If you are previously divorced, you'll be asked to provide divorce records at your embassy and at the government offices along with churches of any kind.

If you are a Filipino marrying a Filipina (or the other way around), skip steps 2 and 4.
  1. If you are 25 or younger, you will have to receive permission from your parents. If your partner is 25 or younger, they'll have to do the same.
  2. You'll have to secure your affidavit of legal capacity to marry. You do this by visiting your local embassy. Don't worry, it's easy and quick. When I got mine at the US Embassy, I was required to get an appointment a month ahead of time. I got there an hour and a half early and they let me right in. I got it after about 20 minutes. It'll cost around $40. You will be sworn in and asked questions. You will also be asked to answer some questions on a piece of paper.