D'z Wings: The Best Chicken Wings in Bacolod

My wife and I headed to the new 888 Chinatown building for some shopping, but my wife was starving, so we headed to the 888 food court on the second floor. We had seen D'z Wings a few times while walking by, but we never decided to check it out until today. I'm glad we did.

There is a choice of eight different sauces and 4 dips. I recommend matching the sauces with the dips as best as you can, though, since the flavors are quite abundant.

I ended up choosing D'z BBQ sauce with a honey mustard dipping sauce. This is quite the typical American combination, and the owner is American, so it makes sense. My wife decided upon the mango sauce with a Thai peanut dipping sauce.


I was hesitant at first. The pictures on display makes D'z look like any other place that serves chicken. And at Bacolod, that's almost every joint in town. However, these wings are nothing like anywhere else in Bacolod. These wings are flavor packed. They were to the point of both the wife and I making "yummy sounds" like in Young Frankenstein.

The staff was even courteous enough to give us both some gloves so we could eat with our hands without getting ourselves messy.

The menu gives you a few choices. Four wings, six wings, 1/4 kilo or 1/2 kilo, and rice or fries. The meals come with ice tea, but you can buy bottled water or soda if that pleases you.

The best part of the experience was that not only was it delicious but it was also quite filling. Big American portions! Yeehaw!

6 pieces of any flavor and sauce with fries is 139.
6 pieces of any flavor and sauce with rice is 129.

Atmosphere: 2 out of 5 (food court)
Price: 5 out of 5 (big servings and great price for the taste)
Taste: 5 out of 5 (seriously, some of the best wings I have EVER tasted, even in America)
Service: 5 out of 5 (gloves? come on! That's awesome.)

I highly recommend D'z Wings. If you love chicken and you love being full, check them out.