Margies Pasalubong Store and Restaurant Review

I have been going by Margies virtually every day on my way to work/downtown every day for a couple of years and finally had the chance to check it out. What helped sway my decision was the fact that I absolutely love their piaya.

The Margies we decided to eat at was the one near the cemetery/WNU (sorry, STI West Negros University, or whatever other long name they are calling themselves these days). We entered around noon time and it was fairly empty, but by the time we got our food it was packed with lunch-goers.

When you walk in, you have two choices of what you want to eat. You can order off the regular menu or you can order from the "eatery" section. We decided to get ours off the regular menu.


Margies food
Spare ribs with macaroni, hot dog, french fries, and frozen iced tea

We ended up spending around 300 pesos for this food. And, I must say, we were quite let down.

The hot dog was surprisingly delicious as was the iced tea and water. The rest...not so much. However, I'm probably not the market for the french fries since I HATE Filipino fries (you know the ones, where they put the weird tasting cheese powder on them and don't offer ketchup). Nor am I the market for Filipino pasta, since I am not a fan of overbearingly sweet food (even though I LOVE Jollibee spaghetti).

Nonetheless, my wife didn't like the food either and she IS the market. She generally likes sweet pasta and can handle cheese-powder-fries, but didn't like these. And her pork was full of fat and bones. She couldn't eat HALF of it!

We ended up leaving completely dissatisfied and hungry. We even ended up going to another restaurant afterwards with our stomachs grumbling.

Food: 2 out of 5 (would be lower but the hotdog was good)
Service: 5 out of 5 (couldn't really ask for anything more from this type of restaurant)
Price: 1 out of 5 (for what we got...no thanks)
Portion size: 1 out of 5 (everything is "snack size")
Environment: 2.5 out of 5 (average)

Recommendation: STAY AWAY!!! --unless you want to buy some piaya.