Fresh Lumpia: A Bacolod Delicacy

Lumpia Ubod
This is my favorite version of fresh lumpia (besides my wife's). Lumpia Ubod is a apa wrapper (lumpia wrapper similar to a large egg roll wrap) with coconut trunk and a sauce inside. Ma-sarap!


Lumpia Puso ng Saging
This one is a bit harder to find across Negros, but it does exist! It's an apa wrapper with what locals call "banana hearts", but it's what us Westerners call "banana blossoms".

Lumpia with bean sprouts
I'm not sure what the actual name for this is. Generally it is sold as simply "fresh lumpia". It's what my wife makes and is absolutely delicious. My wife makes it with vegetables, bean sprouts, and cheese. However, it is sold at Bong Bongs with a peanut sauce.

As well, if you ever go to Indonesia, this is the type of lumpia they enjoy. However, their's is much, much bigger!